Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Departure, Day 1 -- October 23, 2010


Alexander drove us to the airport. . .We had to leave Alexander's apartment at 4:15 am!!  YIKES.  We checked in at the airport and I noticed a sign that said "Upgrade to first class" for $139.00.  Hmm.  4 hr flight.  I did a quick calculation. . .Without the upgrade, we'd have to pay $25 each for two bags.  With the upgrade, we get first class seats, on the plane first, a hot breakfast, all the booze we could drink, two free bag checks. . .I decided that we'd pay the $139 and get something, rather than pay $50 and get nothing. . .Even my father would have approved that one.    After the fact, I found out that Shirley has never flown first class.  Dangerous precedent.  Oh well, now I have two people in the family that won't ever again ride in the cattle car. . .Ryan and Shirley.   Here we are enjoying the flight.  Sun Country Airlines. . .Not a bad little airline. . .Much better than Delta or United. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment